I discovered an interesting article from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention which outlines how to properly handle your toothbrush! I found this article very interesting and wanted to share a few highlights from the article:
- No Sharing Toothbrushes (Obviously!) Exchange of fluids can lead to infections
- Rinse brush with tap water thoroughly and place in upright position to allow for proper drying
- Do not place is disinfecting solutions!
- Do not store in closed environment. Store in the open to avoid humid conditions
- Replace your toothbrush every 3-4 months
To read more detail about their recommendations click the following link : http://www.cdc.gov/oralhealth/infectioncontrol/factsheets/toothbrushes.htm
Nordahl Dental San Marcos General & Cosmetic Dentistry – San Marcos Veneers – Crowns – Implants – Dentures – Whitening – More